01 January 2011

Preparation

It's been a couple of years since I began to think about studying abroad somewhere, and suddenly I leave in seven days.  It really hasn't hit me yet, that one week from today I'll be landing in Paris and roaming the city for a day before meeting up with my program for orientation.  When I realize that for a moment, inevitably I start jumping up and down.  For the most part, though, I'm slowly accumulating ethernet cables and skirts and advice, and waiting for myself to fully understand that I'm about to move in with a French family for five months.  I heard someone say once that waiting periods are very hard for humans to handle well, and I would have to agree.  It's time that I get on the plane and see for myself what I've been imagining for such a long time.

I found this Tennyson quote years ago, but it's perfect for the coming semester:
"Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
Gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades
Forever and forever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!
As though to breathe were life!"

3 comments:

  1. Seven days! My goodness! I'll definitely keep up with your blog--I'm so excited to hear about what God will do in your adventures. Love ya!
    Ps...I can totally see you jumping around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO! oh, it is actually happening - today is one week for me! so excited to hear all about your exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to write all about me when I visit! Bahaha

    ReplyDelete